Working in education is a rewarding career with a wide variety of career options. Education professionals prepare to work in all types of teaching environments as an educator or an administrator. Students are taught important skills on how to manage, maintain and discipline, plan lessons, and handle diverse classrooms. Becoming a professional in education is a process, but once all requirements are met, students can expect long-term employment and career advancement.
Education Degree Description
When obtaining an education degree, students learn the models and theories of education. Depending on the grade level or subject area a student wishes to teach, additional classes in art, biology, English, geography, history, or psychology will be required. Students interested in becoming an administrator, principal, or want to pursue any other educational leadership positions will take courses in policy studies, recordkeeping, and finance and budgeting. The standard curriculum typically consists of:
- Remedial Instruction
- Educational Psychology
- School and Classroom Management
- Curriculum Evaluation
- Student Assessment
What Can You Do With An Education Degree?
With an education degree, most states require graduates to pass one or more tests to demonstrate sufficient understanding in core subject areas as well the basic skills required to successfully meet the needs of students. Becoming a professional in education is a process, but once certification is acquired, a very fulfilling career as a teacher or administrator awaits. Education degree holders can find jobs as a:
- Elementary School Teacher: The average salary range for an elementary education is $27,003 – $62,269, according to Payscale.com’s most recent report.
- Secondary School Teacher: The average salary range for a secondary educator is $29,789 – $68,594, according to Payscale.com’s most recent report.
- School Counselor: The average salary range for a school counselor is $29,684 – $61,519, according to Payscale.com’s most recent report.
- School Principal or Headmaster: The average salary range for a school principal is $44,783 – $126,038, according to Payscale.com’s most recent report.
- Education Administrator: The average salary range for an education administrator is $36,372 – $100,889, according to Payscale.com’s most recent report.
- Early Childhood Education Online Degrees
- Educational Administration Online Degrees
- General Education Online Degrees
- K12 Education Online Degrees
- Special Education Online Degrees
Click here for more subjects and programs in Education