Update: Thank you for your overwhelming interest in the first-ever OnlineColleges.org Support A Student Scholarship For Single Parents! The winner has been selected for the 2012 academic year. Congratulations to Mary Nadeau of Remington College! You can learn more about this year’s winner, here! We’ll update this page with information about future scholarships should they become available.
About The Scholarship
We’re proud to introduce The Online Colleges.org Support a Student Scholarship for Single Parents: the first scholarship of its kind!
A $10,000 scholarship will be awarded starting January 1st, 2012 to a single parent who is enrolled in an accredited online post-secondary institution. The scholarship will help pay for non-tuition related living expenses for the 2012 academic year that are not covered by the recipient’s current financial aid such as:
- Books and School Supplies
- Utilities – Gas/Electric
- Utilities – Internet Connection
Please note that the funds will not be sent to the recipient student; rather, Education Aid, Inc. will pay for the expenses directly. The student will be required to provide relevant supporting documentation necessary to validate any expenses being paid for on their behalf.
Can I Apply?
You’d be a great applicant for the scholarship if you are:
- Attending an accredited post-secondary institution
- Participating in an online degree program or a campus-based degree program with a significant online component to it (such as online lectures or quizzes)
- Receiving some type of financial aid
- A single parent
How Do I Apply?
- Download and complete the scholarship application form; you can complete it right at your computer. You’ll need to print out the application to initial and sign it. Next, mail or email the application to the addresses provided below.
- Mail or email the completed application to:
|Mailing Address:||Email Address:|
|Education Aid, Inc.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|24 W Railroad Avenue|
|Tenafly, NJ 07670|
Use the subject line: “Online Colleges.org Support A Student Scholarship”.
- Application Deadline: Postmarked/emailed by November 1st, 2011
- Scholarship Recipient Selected: December 1st, 2011
- Scholarship Funds Awarded: January 1st, 2012
About The Partnership: Online Colleges.org & Education Aid, Inc.
The “Support a Student” Program was created by Education Aid and funded by OnlineColleges.org to help economically disadvantaged students who are at risk of dropping out of school due to lack of financial support.
Many students do not receive enough financial support to complete their education goals. They must work and go to school at the same time, and cannot handle the pressure of doing both; or they simply can’t come up with enough money to pay for non-tuition related expenses such as rent, childcare, and groceries while going to school.
It is the goal of the program to change the lives of students around the country by providing them with financial support they need to complete their education. Learn more at the Education Aid Web site.
The mission of Online Colleges.org is to help people further their education and career goals. The Web site connects prospective students directly to accredited colleges and universities. By partnering with Education Aid, Online Colleges.org is able to further this mission, by financially supporting a student who is working towards a college degree. Learn more about Online Colleges.org on the About Us page.